Brainfart: A skinners tale

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Singularity: Color Variations

Dang!!! Why doesn't Blogger process PNG images right? There's not supposed to be any Purple-Haze around each of the above images, although Jimi Hendrix an Andy Warhol might both enjoy the effect.

Yup, I realize I've been lax on updating this. At work I'm trying to get a manuscript ready for publication in the Journal of Bacteriology, been working on a corporate site and obtaining sponsors for the site and podcast. Its been a lot to do lately. Haven't forgotten the LiteStep stuff, however, and have been trying to get some of my fellow themers interested in LiteStep. I think Nerio will give it a go (good for you Nerio!!).

Anyway, above are some color variations I'm putting together for the theme. The original Singularity just offered the one color. Once I offered the NonDisjunction theme, requests for color-variations on the other themes started building. Four color variations are shown above, These were simple bulk recolorizations using the Hue/Saturation tool in Photoshop 6.0, so they're pretty crude interpretations of what the final colors will be, but it does give an idea. There will also be a 5th color variation that will be much darker, something more foreboding. That will require more than a simple Hue/Saturation workup... will have to remake all the colored features by hand for that one, but I'm pleased with how it's turning out (I'll save a preview for my beta-testers).

Off to my GameBoy... MegaMan Network3 is beckoning...

2 Comments:

  • Rich, is it a shot of LS theme?
    I'd loved to get a Rainmeter skin with similar design ;)

    By Blogger SacRat, at 9:38 AM  

  • Yup, LS theme Singularity, being remade for the OTS2 standards. There will likely be a rainmeter skin released for this as well, although the old Singularity theme had it as a cluster in the lower-left part of the screen.

    By Blogger mrbiotech, at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home