Brainfart: A skinners tale

Thursday, August 02, 2007

System Metering and/or calendar? Rainy or no?

Finally got a little time to at least assess progress on the Singularity skin(s). After doting on several variations of the media-control module I've finally decided to eliminate it altogether. The existing modules serve well as fronts for WinAmp or iTunes, but both look fine and work even better on their own (IMHO). Unless someone wants to argue against this, I'll be proceeding without any included media controls in the theme.

The next big question is what to do for Calendaring and System Metering functions. Below is a mockup I sketched out last night on the Wacom-tablet:

Traditionally I've skinned Rainlendar and Rainmeter in LiteStep themes because their origins are in LiteStep, and because they're easy to integrate with LiteStep themes. However, I've debated nixing a full-fledged calendar and instead integrating many of the calendar/date/time functions directly into a dedicated program, Sysmetrix, which greatly facilitates the skinning process. My time is at a premium, and IF I'm to complete this project in any measure, it'll mean streamlining my work-flow, and Sysmetrix would enhance this dramatically.

Still finalizing sketches on the system-meter, though. Don't really know what I want it to look like, beyond NOT looking like the original Sysmetrix skin I designed for Singularity so many years ago (a tad slug-like in my estimation).

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home