Brainfart: A skinners tale

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Singularity for iPulse

In the process of re-creating a new Singularity suite, I've updated the layer-styles significantly. To see how it works on a fully functional skinned program I applied the graphics to iPulse, a novel system meter for Apple's OS X operating system. Below are the results:

There are essentially two graphical variations, and then two meter-color variations. Actually, there's a third option I've made, too, more monochromatic for the actual meters to the skin shows up (the meters can sometimes hide the graphics, although the meters are, of course, the bread-and-butter of the program).

I'll be trying it out with color variations next. BTW, although this theme is essentially ready for publication, I'm gonna use a little restraint and wait until the rest of the suite is largely completed before releasing this.

Update on Singularity for LiteStep
The audio module graphics are completed and diced. I'm in the process of selecting which LiteStep modules to use, and I've been out of the LiteStep loop for some years. Then the coding commences. Also in the works is a completely revised System Meter that will be skinned onto SysMetrix as well as RainMeter. All I will comment here is that it will be significantly different from the previous incarnation of the system meters in the Singularity suite ;) More to come later.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • you need to use the latest Xmodules. as they support alpha mapping i/e transparencies and shading effects.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

  • Great suggestion! You know how I loves the transparency

    By Blogger mrbiotech, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home